Friday, November 7, 2014

Proven Quote

I looked down today and saw one of my necklaces; it has a music note on it and a quote. The quote is one that I prove right everyday.

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from Heaven to the soul. "
       - Unknown


(With my music a lot of people says it sounds like the devil is screaming.) Music is a constant in my life. With music I feel like noting can hurt me . . . . well sometimes I feel like that. (Random fact: in my friend group taking out/off our headphones is punishable by a strong smack to the shoulder.) Music is something that I have with me at all times. If you don't see me with headphones something is wrong with me, that or they are hidden in my shirt because I just got out of class.

Music is something that can change a person's mood, very quickly. A lot of people I know listen to loud music when they are angry at the world and need to let out some steam, or listen to sad music when they not feeling so great. One of my friends has panic attacks, so she'll listen to music to calm herself down. My favorite songs are songs that I can connect with. If you ever heard "Waiting for Superman" by Daughtry, you kind of have an idea of what I'm saying.

Sometimes when my depression gets really bad, I'll just sit on my bed and listen to some music that tells a sad story. Let's admit it, if you listen to someone tell story a story, it usually sounds better in a song. Not only is it shorter, but it also has a beat, they is just something about it that makes it ten times better.

I don't know about the "flows from Heaven" part, 'cause some music doesn't sound too happy or too "heavenly". But, it deffently does help the soul. Sometimes I can't 'eat enough of music'.

Picture source: Fine Dinning Lovers.

3 comments:

  1. Hey bruh!! I feel the same way about music, but instead of screamo-type stuff I can try to connect with broadway musical soundtracks like I talk about in this post: http://jrobison18.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-short-review-of-every-musical-ive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the read!! :) I can agree that we all have different types of music that we can connect to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend! Can I just say that I absolutely love your view and output on music? I think that your explanation was informative and helpful. Love your blog girl! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete