Thursday, October 23, 2014

One Single Terrifing Word

Alone. A single solitary word that scares people. Being alone is a fear that most people have in common. I get that it can seam doubting, but being alone isn't that bad. Trust me I would know. (My dads a pilot and my mom is a flight attendant, so they're not home much. Add in the fact that they are divorced and you get a kid that grew up mostly alone. I learned how to entertain myself and cook for myself by the time I was 8. ) Sometimes we are even better off alone, that way no one can hurt us.

"Do not tell anyone your story. You will end up feeling more rejected . . . The more you expect from people's response to your experiences of abandonment, the more you will feel exposed to ridicule."

                - Unknown

When you tell people your story, the mystery of why you are the way you are is gone, and they may not stay; leading to a feeling of complete rejection.  And rejection is not a great feeling to feel. After all they may not know how to respond to your story or something may just not sit right with them about it. Every story is different and unique. Yours may be semi-similar to your friends and that may be why you guys get along so well. So, if your story is very different from someone you may end up disliking them with strong emotions.


It's hard to not tell people your story sometimes, I know I can get carried away with talking. Talking about your past and listening to someone else's is a good way to pass time and a great way to get to know them. But, you should leave some room for telling a story later. 



It's a good idea to spread out the time that you tell your story, so it isn't all at once. Telling them all at once is too much information to have throw at them. Think about it: would you rather study for a test in one night or spread out the studying over a week or so? 

Picture source: Meditation Relax Club 

I told you a little about my background to show that I know what it is like to be alone. I usually am alone, no one can hurt me that way. No one can hurt you if you are alone. This is where it gets tricky. You need to not be alone all the time. You need to find a middle on this subject, and that is really hard. And I can't tell you where it is, as I haven't found it yet. 

Alone one word that is terrifying to hear, or maybe it isn't. Do you like to be alone?


No comments:

Post a Comment