Thursday, March 26, 2015

Finals + Silence = Hell; Music + Finals = Savior

Finals the best time of the year! Don't we all love it so dearly!? Stress comes in waves. Not caring comes in waves.  Anxiety picks up its level. Yea not a very fun time for me. Studying till your brain feels like it is going to melt. Felling like if you don't study you will fail the tests. And then have a huge downfall of everything. Your grades will get bad, you won't get into a good college, you will end up working at Burger King, and maybe end up homeless.

I don't know about you but I find music relaxes me. There is this weird sound alpha wave thingy that helps me stay constrained, here's the link.  (I wrote a five page essay while listening to it.)

Picture source: College Info Geek 

I find that music helps me calm down when I am freaking out about something, no matter how small. It may not get rid of my freaking out completely, but it does stop it from getting any worse. One song that I listen to when I freak out big time is "Waiting for Superman" by Daughtry. The first time I heard it I loved it and it calmed me down more than I can describe. I went out and bought it. I was reading a book for about three or two hours all the time listening to that one song on repeat and I still don't hate it. It is jus that one song that I can listen to for hours on end and not get bored of it. The lines: 

"She’s waiting for superman
To lift her up and take her anywhere
Show her love and climbing through the air
Save her now before it’s too late tonight"
shows, to me, that everyone may be waiting and hoping for someone to come and save them. Who knows how many times that does happen. Most people have to save themselves. But if you watch the music video it tells a different story. The 'superman' that was saving them got treated like the bad by the people he saved. If you haven't seen or listen to the song I suggest listening to it now. Trust me you won't be wasting your time and if it does waste your time I'm terribly sorry. 

Well, now I have to go and study like crazy for my finals. Hope everyone does well and passes your finals, whenever they may be. Good luck and goodbye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment