Thursday, March 5, 2015

Music Lesons

I’m going to try and do something a little different, and instead of always having a quote from a person (known or unknown) I am going to put songs and the parts that are important to me and that I think have a deep meaning.

First up - “Without Walls” by, the amazing band, Memphis May Fire. The first two lines of the song are:

“This is who we are! These are the roads we paved. The strength we found and the mistakes we made along the way.” 

Not only does his voice sound heavenly, but the song lyrics are strong and seem like they can hit home with anyone, almost. Those lines are saying that the way you are is they way you are and you made yourself they way you are. The strength was found you weren’t born with it and the mistakes are there but they are not the most important thing. 

The rest of the short one minute and 40 some odd seconds are amazing and I love all of it. You really should listen to it for your self, and tell me what you think? (Be warned there is some screamo in the song)
Picture source: Confront Magazine 


Second song and the last one - “Face Down (Album Version)” by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. This song is amazing! For some people it hits some a little more than others, because it’s about abuse. (Kinda funny story my competition-karate-team-captain thinks this song will be great for when we teach the self defense seminars [they are mostly for abuse victims]). I have two different sets of lines I want to share with you today. First:

“A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect. Every action in this worlds will bear a consequence.”

It’s very very true. One little thing makes an effect that will stay for a very long time. Forgetting your Chapstick for a day, can lead to having capped lips. Capped lips can lead to irritation. Ect. and ect.. Then the action part is just reinstating the ripple effect. Second set of lines:

“Face down in the dirt, she said ‘I’m fine.’ She said, ‘I finally had enough.’”

It says that you can only take so much before you decide that that is enough, and that it’s finally time to stop. In the case of abuse victims they don’t think anything is wrong for a long period of time, and when they do figure out that something is wrong they blame themselves for the way their partner treated them (yes it doesn’t have to be a partner, it can be a parent, I’m just going off the song). Just give this song a listen, trust me it is well worth your time. 

Picture from Altpress 


I’ll tell you the truth and say I really enjoyed doing this. Let me know if you want me to do this again or if you want me to go back to the just quote part. Well I hope you have a good day and sleep the night away! Bye-bye!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment