Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pain Will Pass, Quitting Lasts

This weekend I was at a karate tournament. It was really a lot of fun! You get to see all these forms (just a random form I found on the internet) that you didn't know excited and see how amazing they are. You get to watch fights between two black belts and made up self-defense scenarios that are sometimes hilarious. This time I tried out continues sparing. It is when you spar of a minute straight have a brake for about thirty seconds then you are back for another round. It may not sound so bad, but you are getting pounded for a minute straight. Needless to say I lost. I was told that losing by thirty points isn't much and in my first fight I lost by about fifty, so I guess that isn't so bad.
Picture of my right arm

Now I have two bruised arms, a shin that hurts to walk on, and a back that so sore it hurts to bend down. But I would do the fight again, and I'm going to start running so I get better endurance and don't get tired next time I fight continues. Well one of the bruises was my own fault, I broke weird, so now I have a bruise almost the same size as my hand on my right arm.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever."
      - Lance Armstrong


Like the quote says pain will end up going away, no matter how bad it is. But quitting. . . is forever. If something is trying to keep down don't let it keep trying to win. Don't give up. The pain will pass and the victory will be even sweeter. 

If you ask a black belt what belt they are some will say that they are a white belt that never gave up, and I will not give up. I will not be known as a quitter.

Don't give up. Keep going at it. You will get there and you will be even more happy that you had to fight for it. What taste sweeter: strawberries that you bought or strawberries that you pick? Yes, having people do things for you sometimes is amazing and wonderful, but it can't happen all the time. Go out and be what you want to be. If someone tells you, you can't do it. It will be even sweeter when you do.

Remember pain will pass. Quitting will last for a very long time.

Picture of my left arm it is darker in person (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment