Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Falling Down . . .

I have had a lot of people that know my story say that they are surprised that I'm still smiling to this day and the fact that I brush it off is amazing. Well here's the truth I can't brush it off anymore. It's piled so high that I can even start to graze the top while brushing. But here is the thing when I was young I learned that life is not easy and not a beautiful place all the time. I have had someone tell me that I don't know how dark the world is and that I'm too innocent to understand it. I will tell you this right now: I know more about how dark the world is than I do about how music effects different people.

"Falling down is part of life. Getting back up is living."
      - Unknown

I know first hand how hard it is to keep getting back up and how hard it is to keep living sometimes. But here is the thing if you give up you will never see what is in store for you at the end. Yes, I understand that I don't know what bullying feels like or what it feels like to have no one at your side. But I do know what it feels like to not be wanted in your "home" and to be yelled at for something you didn't do. Not terrible I know, but I can see where most of you come from and that is all I need and want.

I know that giving up seams like the best choice; you won't have to worry about what they say or how you act around them. All you have to worry about is how much better their lives would be without you in it. I'm sorry to say this but you don't live their life, you live your life. Your life is yours. Don't worry about what they say or how it makes you feel. Heck, take it in for a second knowledge it, if it is helpful retain it, if it is harmful throw it out like the trash it is.

This is a lesson I am learn myself right now. I'm learn to just keep the helpful comments and throw out the bad ones. It is a hard lesson to learn and a hard lesson to practice. How about we do this journey together? So neither of us is alone.

I know I'm going to keep heaving my body off the cold hard ground and get back up. I know that no matter how hard life gets I will not stop living (well until my time has come). For some reason this song started playing and I thought it is very interesting and is worth your time and it has a lot to do with this.


 Picture form Maria Mar


ps just a reminder that darkness can be beautiful too

1 comment:

  1. Hun, I hope you know that you can come to me with anything at anytime.

    ReplyDelete